Multivitamin supplementation has only been medically recommended in cases of obvious deficiency. This can sometimes leave people waiting until obvious physical symptoms before recognizing a vitamin deficiency. With environmental and social factors such as poor diet, busy lifestyles, processed foods, air pollution, and lack of exercise it has become increasingly difficult to stay healthy and vitamin efficient. Increasing evidence suggests multivitamins are an essential extension to healthy eating, further validating optimal health requires some form of multivitamin supplementation.
“Its difficult to get the nutrients our bodies need from diet alone, multivitamin therapy is a great way to fill those gaps”
Multivitamins are generally not taken as a treatment but rather used to assist in the body’s overall general health and wellness. Multivitamin supplementation is used as the vehicle to ensure your body receives everything it needs for optimal functionality.
What is the best method for vitamin absorption?
The most common form of multivitamin supplementation is through the oral route, although when taken orally, multivitamins are not fully absorbed by the digestive tract. Many people do not realize they are only getting a small fraction of the vitamins and minerals listed when taking oral multivitamin supplements. IV multivitamins eliminate the risk of malabsorption, ensuring your body receives 100% of the vitamins directly into the body’s blood stream. This makes IV multivitamin infusions arguably the most efficient way of vitamin delivery.
61Five Health & Wellness has identified and selected an essential vitamin formula (Myer’s Cocktail) that offers endless health benefits for our patients. Patients leave our clinic feeling rejuvenated, with effects continuing to benefit for up to two weeks! 61Five Health & Wellness offers the highest quality and most affordable IV multivitamin treatments in Nashville, TN. IVs are administered by board certified nurse practitioners with multiple years of IV administration experience. Here are just some of the vitamins our team of IV therapy experts have selected for our treatments and the benefits associated with them.
IV Multivitamin Formulation – Myer’s Cocktail
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) – Provides protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health implications, eye disease, and wrinkle related aging.
- Vitamin A – Plays an important role in bone health, reproduction, and immune system health. It also helps skin and mucous membranes repel bacteria and viruses more efficiently. Vitamin A is also very important for eye health and functionality.
- Vitamin D – Facilitates normal immune system function, improving resistance against certain diseases such as heart disease and flu. Important for optimal development of bones and teeth. Vitamin D also promotes mental health by improving moods and warding off depression and anxiety.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1) – Used by the body to metabolize food turning nutrients into usable energy. It also assists in promoting proper heart and nerve function. Thiamine is required for regulating the transmission of certain nerve signals along the brain and spinal cord.
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) – It plays a major role in energy production and is an essential nutrient in your diet, working as both a vitamin and antioxidant.Riboflavin facilitates healthy metabolism, preventing free radical damage. It also contributes to the growth and protection of skin and eye health. Riboflavin supplementation is essential since it cannot be stored in the human body.
- Pyridoxine HCI (Vitamin B6) – Required for proper brain development and function. The body uses it to make the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine, which affect mood and brain function. Pyridoxine HCL is used by the body to make melatonin, helping regulate your internal clock.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) – important for maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system and metabolism by balancing blood cholesterol levels. It also promotes proper brain function, healthy skin formation and maintenance, and diabetes prevention.
- Dexpanthenol (Vitamin B5) – Needed for many chemical reactions in cells. It assists in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, while helping your body detoxify by excreting waste at a faster rate. Dexpanthenol also promotes healthy circulation helping with inflammation and skin conditions.
- Vitamin E – Functions mainly as an antioxidant in the body, fighting against harmful free radicals and disease development. It helps to repair damaged skin and works to grow and strengthen your hair. Vitamin E also improves energy and physical endurance.
- Vitamin K – plays an important in blood clotting. It is essential for building strong bones, preventing heart disease, and a crucial part of other bodily processes and general health.
- Folic Acid – Assists the body in producing and maintaining new cells. Red blood cell formation is dependent upon adequate levels. Folic acid can also significantly reduce the risk of developing high blood pressure. It also helps cells resist mutation in DNA associated with cancer development.
- Biotin – Essential nutrient for the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and protein. Biotin increases nail strength and flexibility. It also lowers blood glucose levels.
- Vitamin B12 – Essential nutrient needed for proper digestion and absorption of foods and for normal metabolism of carbohydrates and fat. It aids in maintaining healthy nerve cells and red blood cells and assists in the replication of DNA.
Call us today at 615.401.9380 to schedule your IV Multivitamin Infusion. Please see our IV therapy pricing page for detailed cost information. Ask our staff about IV multivitamin memberships for even deeper discounts!